Andrea Bender (Schotten, Germany, 1972) lives and works in Düsseldorf. She graduated from the Kunstakademie Düsseldorf in 2009 where she took lessons with Jörg Immendorff and Dieter Krieg. In 2013 she was invited to participate in an artist-in-residence programme of the ‘Cité internationale des arts’ in Paris. Recently exhibitions of her work were organized in museums worldwide, like the Yanhuan Museum in Beijing, the Museum Kunstpalast in Düsseldorf, the MoMa XLY in Changdu, the Lehmbruckmuseum in Duisburg and the MOCAK in Krakow. Furthermore, galleries in New York, Singapore, München and various other German cities dedicated solo exhibitions to the work of Andrea Bender.
- Lehmbruckmuseum, Duisburg, Germany
- SØR Rusche Sammlung, Oelde/Berlin, Germany
- Kunstsammlung Karminsky, Offenbach, Germany
- Arbeitskammer, Wien, Austria
- Private collections in Austria, China, Denmark, Germany, Israel, Luxembourg, Switzerland, The Netherlands, USA